Towed unit detailed particulars:
- LOA / Beam/ Depth
- Maximum air-draft (from the water level)
- Transit Draft.
- Towed unit condition and whether any protrusion.
- Date of Last transit ( if any). Alternative name of sister unit (and last transit).
- Copy Suez Canal tonnage certificate (if any).
- Towed unit General Arrangements plan.
- Stowage plan.
Towing tug detailed particulars:
- Transit draft.
- Whether fitted with Azimuth thruster.
- Date of last transit (if any).
- Copy of Suez Canal Tonnage certificate.
Moreover, the following information is not required by SCA before towed unit arrival, however needs to be in place upon arrival.
Lack of any of the following items could add extra charges and/or delay the transit through Suez Canal.
- Stern bits suitable for use by the SCA rudder tug.
- Number, dimensions and types of mooring ropes onboard.
- Towing plan.
- Towing certificate.
- Confirmation that the towed unit is in good condition.
- Manned or unmanned towed unit.
- Original certificate of registry valid and available be onboard
Alternative routing via Cape of Good Hope:
- If you decide to take your unit via Cape we are prepared to assist you with agency services in South Africa via our partners in Cape Town. Which have extensive experience dealing with Rigs and offshore units to regular vessel agency services.